Promoting the Paralympic Movement in the Japan-China Exchange Focus Month
As part of the efforts of the “Japan-China Exchange Focus Month (October - November 2016)” carried out by the Embassy of Japan in China this year, Paralympic Movement promotion activities were conducted by Mr. Junichi Kawai, the former Paralympian who was the first Japanese athlete to enter the Paralympic Hall of Fame.
Mr. Kawai toured the Beijing International Studies University, China Administration of Sports for Persons with Disabilities, Japanese School of Beijing, Wuhan School for the Blind in Hubei Province, and Central China Normal University, giving lectures about his own experience and the history of the Paralympic Games. Exchanges were deepened between people related to sports for people with disabilities, local students and pupils.
Wenmei Mei, Vice Chairman of the China Disabled Persons’ Federation
- Time Period
- October 24 (Monday) to 26 (Wednesday), 2016
- People's Republic of China
- Sport/Programme Category
- General sports for people with disabilities
- Japan Sport Council
- Recipient Organisation
- Japanese School of BeijingBeijing International Studies UniversityWuhan School for the BlindCentral China Normal University
- Embassy of Japan in ChinaMitsubishi CorporationChina Disabled Persons' FederationChina Foundation for Disabled Persons
- Number of Individual Beneficiaries
- 849 people (Not including Japanese School of Beijing)