【Vietnam】Sports Friendship Exchange Project
The Foreign Ministry and the Japan Paralympic Committee worked in partnership to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in the paralympic domain by inviting 12 coaches and athletes from the Vietnamese powerlifting and para-swimming teams and assisting with their training in Japan.
During their stay in Japan, the powerlifting team stayed in a training camp at ‘Japan Sun Industries’ in Beppu City, Oita Prefecture, and deepened their knowledge of approaches to Japanese paralympic sports by interacting with Japanese athletes. The swimming team attended training and lectures in Miyagi Prefecture and then participated in the Japan Para-swimming Tournament. They all successfully renewed their personal bests.
Vice-President of the Bu Vietnam Paralympic Association
- Time Period
- 3rd–10th November, 2015
- Sport/Programme Category
- Par-powerlifting, Para-Swimming
- The Foreign Ministry, The Japanese Para-Sports Association, and The Japanese Paralympic Committee
- Recipient Organisation
- The Vietnamese Paralympic Association
- The Japan Para-Weightlifting Federation, Japan Sun Industries, The Japanese Para-Swimming Federation
- Number of Individual Beneficiaries
- 12 people